|American Pastors Network (APN, www.americanpastorsnetwork.net) is announcing a new initiative called “We Will Stand,” which invites America’s pastors to intentionally band together and faithfully stand for biblical truth in the public square, and let their congregations and communities know they, too, can be involved. The time is now. “At perhaps no other time in history has it been more important for the nation’s pastors and churches to work diligently to cultivate real change in our society,” said APN President Sam Rohrer. “By adding their names to the American Pastors Network’s new ‘We Will Stand’ initiative, pastors nationwide can join with thousands of other courageous and faithful pastors in leading their local church family to be Ambassadors of Christ by committing to preach, pray, encourage and engage.” Pastors who sign the “We Will Stand—Preach, Pray, Encourage, Engage” pledge will commit to the following:
- I WILL PREACH PASSIONATELY the whole counsel of God, with a biblical worldview that communicates the priority of the Gospel to a fallen, broken humanity. It means exhorting the saints to apply biblical principles to their own lives, the lives of their family, and the culture of their neighborhood, state, and country.
- I WILL PRAY FERVENTLY with faith, obedience, discipline, fasting.
- I WILL ENCOURAGE CONGREGATIONS to be salt and light by engaging the culture with truth, practicing good citizenship and voting informed by sound information and biblical principles.
- I WILL ENGAGE AS A MINISTER TOGETHER with civic leaders through prayer, encouragement and education on critical issues.
The American Pastors Network is the first and largest national network of Bible-believing pastors committed to teaching and applying biblical principles as the moral compass and source of truth for all matters of life. And through “We Will Stand,” APN will reach out to pastors in four different areas:
- State- and country-wide chapters uniting like-minded pastors and churches who take seriously Jesus’ command to be “salt and light” into the culture.
- “Stand in the Gap Radio” programs featuring discussions, sermons and daily “doses of encouragement” to inform, educate and impact listeners on a wide range of issues.
- Initiatives designed to restore the relationship between pastors and elected officials on a biblical, not political basis.
- Valuable support and information through email updates, website resources, social media and conference calls, all designed to connect with pastors on a more personal level.
APN’s mission, which will be carried out through the “We Will Stand” initiative, includes: to identify, encourage, equip, educate and network pastors and church members to “Stand in the Gap for Truth”; to be a voice for truth and an advocate for pastors in the public square by providing Bible-based and constitutionally consistent analysis and recommendations on matters of public policy; and to strengthen the biblical relationship between pastors and elected officials, through various private and public meetings for prayer, study and policy discussion. APN encourages pastors to visit www.AmericanPastorsNetwork.net/we-will-stand/ to commit to the pledge online, as well as sign up to receive email updates on “We Will Stand” and other news. Online, pastors and engaged believers can also learn about events, initiatives and opportunities to become involved, and receive valuable information and links to resources designed to help pastors and church leaders in their ministries. The “We Will Stand” initiative was announced this spring to pastors and church leaders in attendance at the “U-Turn” leadership event in North Carolina, which was co-hosted by the North Carolina Pastors Network (NCPN, www.ncpastors.net).
The Arkansas Pastors Network (ARPN, www.arpastors.net ) is promoting the “We Will Stand” initiative among pastors in the State of Arkansas.